Custom Derby 40i DH 27.5 inch wheels, handbuilt in Colorado, with your choice of hubs from Chris King, DT Swiss, Hope, Industry Nine, Onyx, Project 321, Shimano or White Industries.
27.5" x 40i - for 27-Plus tires and frames
- Enduro/DH layup options
- ideal for 2.6 to 3.0 & down to 2.4 tires
Weight +/-10: 570 [Enduro/DH]
Outer width: 45mm, Inner width: 39.5mm, Depth: 34mm
ERD: 540mm, Note: Spoke off-set from rim center: 5mm
- Material: UD carbon-fiber
- Spoke holes - Mountain: 32
- Spoke hole size: 4.5mm (for external nipples)
- Spoke hole alignment, for all rims (except 27.5: x 45i and 29" x 40i): Rim centered, All rims have spoke holes angled towards hub flanges. Key/First spoke: Stand up the rim vertical as if ready to roll forward, with valve hole at the ground. Looking down at the valve hole, the 1st spoke hole forward of the valve hole angles to the right-side hub flange, next spoke hole forward angles to the left side hub flange, etc.
- Presta valve hole, required length: 40mm minimum (48mm Orange Seal valves are recommended)
- Recommended max spoke tension: 125KgF
- Recommended rider weight limit: 225 lbs 100Kg for AM, 300 lbs 135Kg for Enduro/DH rims
- Max tire pressure (mountain): 35 psi (for road use of mountain rims), 22 psi for 2.6 and larger tires. Max for Enduro/DH race/park/shuttle: 30 psi, ProCore max pressure: 70 psi, 4.5-bar
- Tire pressure to seat beads of most new tires, with soapy water or bead seating lubricant: 35 to 40 psi for mountain rims
- Tubeless rim tape maximum width: 18mm or ¾ inch for 30i and 35i rims; 25mm or 1 inch for 40i and 45i rims; Only tape within the center channel, do not taping over the bead seats, for best results.
- Recommended rim tape : Orange Seal rim tape 18mm or 25mm wide (two rounds), Stan's 12mm wide for BX & CX used for XC race (two rounds).